Sports and Casinos

Ange Postecoglou admits ‘outstanding candidates’ waiting if Spurs replace him

Iraola and Frank expected to be in the running Postecoglou on speculation: ‘It doesn’t consume me’ Ange Postecoglou has admitted there are some “outstanding candidates” waiting to take over if Tottenham decide to sack him. With Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola and Brentford’s Thomas Frank expected to be in the running if Spurs move in a different […]

Ange Postecoglou admits ‘outstanding candidates’ waiting if Spurs replace him Read More »

Grand National gets taps turned on to ensure safe ground after long dry spell

Watering at Aintree for famous race started in mid-March Constitution Hill the star turn on meeting’s opening day Jon Pullin, the acting clerk of the course at Aintree, said on Wednesday that he will do whatever it takes to ensure that the Grand National meeting opens on good-to-soft ground on Thursday, despite unusually low levels

Grand National gets taps turned on to ensure safe ground after long dry spell Read More »

After devastating BMX injury, Kai Sakakibara makes winning return as para cyclist | Kieran Pender

Five years after a crash that left him with a life-changing brain injury the former Olympic hopeful has a national title to his name – and his sights set on the Paralympics Five years ago, Kai Sakakibara’s life nearly came to an end doing what he loved – bike racing. At a BMX world cup

After devastating BMX injury, Kai Sakakibara makes winning return as para cyclist | Kieran Pender Read More »

Minister seeks inquiry into British Basketball’s ‘potentially criminal’ deal

Super League clubs are unhappy with BBF’s plans GBB League deal puts £4.75m public funding at risk The sports minister, Stephanie Peacock, has asked the government body responsible for elite funding, UK Sport, to investigate allegations of unlawful tender made against the British Basketball Federation. On Wednesday, the BBF signed a 15-year agreement with an

Minister seeks inquiry into British Basketball’s ‘potentially criminal’ deal Read More »

Pérez in talks with teams about F1 return as Lawson reflects on demotion

Former Red Bull driver was replaced two years early New Zealander says he didn’t see own demotion coming The former Red Bull driver Sergio Pérez says he is in talks with Formula One teams about a return to the grid after having his contract ended two years early. The 35-year-old Mexican, who won six races

Pérez in talks with teams about F1 return as Lawson reflects on demotion Read More »

‘Building a young team’: Skinner signs new Manchester United deal until 2027

Contract includes option of a further year in charge Delighted Skinner says ‘it is an absolute privilege’ The Manchester United women’s team head coach Marc Skinner has signed a new contract until June 2027, with the option of an extra year. Skinner’s previous contract had been set to expire at the end of this season.

‘Building a young team’: Skinner signs new Manchester United deal until 2027 Read More »